Monday 7 March 2011

Monday 7th March

Today was pretty good. I left work heading in the direction of home for the first time since Friday 24th September. Normality had never felt so refreshing. This is the kind of thing I probably wouldn't have appreciated enough before; the simple act of travelling home, knowing that my little family are all there waiting for me.

The kids are now on double helpings of 'solids' a day. They had apple and baby rice for lunch, and sweet potato for dinner. Slightly more nutritious than the lunch of caramel KitKats and Penguins that their father had at work. It was my first day back in the office though; and the bananas I left in my drawer three weeks ago didn't look all that appetising.

Last night, all four of us had five and a half hours sleep in one go, so today we were feeling surprisingly refreshed. It's now a quarter to midnight, so fifteen minutes til their late supper. The grunts and groans coming from the baskets in the corner are like a countdown to food o'clock. Who needs atomic clocks to tell the time when you have Willow and Stanley.

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to say how good it has been reading about your experiences. My fiance gave borth to my beautiful daughter Leah on the 1st March 2011 at 26 weeks and 6 days gestation, were also under the care of poole NICU who pointed me in the direction of this blog. Reading it has made me understand a lot of the things that were currently going through and also some of the ups and downs we should expect over the next coming weeks and months.
    Reading this has inspired me to do exactly the same thing - http://leahvivianharleywhite.weebly.com/ .
    Also, living in moordown i understand what you mean about the journeys there and back to NICU. Nightmare but so worth it to see your little baby :)
    Will still follow this blog, i feel as if i owe you a massive thank you for helping me understand what is happening to me right now.....so THANK YOU SENIOR FAMILY!!

    ReplyDelete