Friday 11 March 2011

Friday 11th March

Another busy week - and not a lot of time for blog-writing.

I became 33 years old on Tuesday, and couldn't have wished for a better birthday present. Just waking up and being able to see a couple of babies smiling up at me was much more than I could wish for. As a special bonus, I also received a lovely piece of projectile vomiting from my daughter, and a couple of manly burps from my son.

The kids had their weekly weigh in - Stanley is 13lbs 9oz, Willow is 12lbs 4oz. I could do with losing a stone in weight; so that's basically a whole Stanley. Makes you realise how heavy custard creams and Zinger Tower Burgers are. Our diets have actually improved somewhat since we've all been at home. The incredible wife/mother combo package named Leela manages to whip something up most days, so I arrive home from work to the smell of something delicious bubbling away in the slow cooker. We've had Greek lamb shanks, Hungarian goulash and Malaysian beef and aubergine curry, to name but a few. I'm a very lucky man.

Willow and Stanley are still enjoying living at home; their personalities are developing every day. Stanley is a very laid back little boy; unless he's hungry, when he is a maniac. Willow is very patient, but knows what she likes and doesn't take any nonsense.

I received a message this week from John White, whose daughter Leah was born at 26 weeks 6 days on 1st March. She's in the care of Poole NICU, and her parents John and Sarah are going through the same rubbish that we went through five months ago. John's doing a blog too - http://leahvivianharleywhite.weebly.com/daily-blog.html. Just reading what's happening to Leah reminds us that just because we are fortunate enough to have made it out of hospital eventually, it's all still happening to other people behind those double doors. We'll certainly be following their journey and hoping that they start having an easier time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment