Wednesday 19 January 2011

Tuesday 18th January

I only had a short spell at the hospital today, between work and a curry, but my time in NICU was one of my favourite moments of my 32 years so far. Willow was more awake and alert than she ever has been tonight - she's suddenly turned a corner and now looks and acts more and more like a normal baby. We were worried about the long term effects of everything she's been through, but to see her like this really gives us reassurance that she might be alright. She's so beautiful and full of energy, I think she could get through anything. She really looks like her mother, and I'm still sure that it's Leela's stubbornness and energy that has got these babies where they are today.

We're only a few days away now from our next (and hopefully last) stint at rooming in, and with Stanley's always improving feeding skills, we are very nearly getting over that last hurdle.

Only three sleeps now til our stay in Hotel NICU - and we're counting every minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment