Friday 22 October 2010

Friday 22nd October

4 weeks today!


The morning report said that Willow’s CRP had gone up from 12 to 16. This is a check they do in the liver, which is a good indicator that there might be an infection. The number is usually <1, but can go up to 100s. So a 16 definitely indicates that the liver is fighting something – probably an infection.

Stanley had not been quite as stable overnight, but nothing too worrying. We just don’t want him going back to the ventilator - don’t think we could handle that right now.

Since Willow went back on the vent, Leela has not quite been herself - and to be honest I am going through a rough mental patch at the moment. Sometimes I think I just can’t handle it, and almost want to break down and cry. This tends to come and go. After you’ve had a good cry, it makes you feel much better. Anyway, only 10 weeks to go.....

On a positive note, today we went to the doctor so Leela could get sign-off to drive again. He gave her the all clear so she was very happy. I know it’s been hard for her as she does love her driving, plus it must be a nightmare a) relying on me to drive everywhere and b) simply being a passenger in a car that I’m driving. I’ll not be sad to let someone else drive again, that’s for sure. My driving skills appear to be diminishing all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment