Sunday 27 February 2011

Saturday 26th February

Yesterday was all about Weening. Today, we've moved onto weaning.

Willow and Stanley both made their first steps into the world of solid foods this morning. It does seem very early to start weaning, as pretty much everything else in their development will be based on their 'corrected age' - which is the age calculated from when they should have been born (which is currently eight weeks). But, as their little stomachs have been digesting milk for five months, ie since day one, they will be able to start consuming solid foods earlier than their corrected age.

Not surprisingly, Stanley relished the opportunity to guzzle something other than liquid. And Willow wasn't shy either; I think we can call this experiment - the initial test anyway - a success. It gave us a lovely glimpse into the next few months, where they're going to be smiling away whilst covering their faces with all sorts of multicoloured foodstuffs.



Unbelievably, I only have one day left before going back to work. This has been the quickest two weeks of my life by far; I can understand now when other parents say to make the most of this time as kids grow up so fast. So I'm going to spend most of the time I have left feeding, changing, sterilising, talking rubbish and not sleeping. I'd happily swap work for all of that though - this is definitely the most rewarding job I've done.

No comments:

Post a Comment