Friday 18 February 2011

Friday 18th February

Things are still going well in the Senior household. It now feels like we've always been a family; I can't imagine what it would be like without Willow and Stanley around.

We're slowly getting into the flow of everything, and our sleep amount has increased from three quarters of a minute on Monday night to three quarters of an hour last night. The babies are getting a lot more sleep - and are generally very settled, quiet and happy. The only time they really cause a fuss is when they're hungry. Stanley can go from fast asleep to screaming his face off in about six seconds. And Willow's voice is getting louder all the time, so she's not far behind her brother in volume.

We can see they've come on so much in these last few days since being at home. Both of them are feeding a lot more nicely; probably helped by the fact that only the two of us are now doing it, and we're both a lot more confident and know exactly what they want. What's really nice is to be able to hold our babies without wearing gloves and aprons, and to not have to share living space with other people.

Today we had a bit of a surprise photo-shoot. The Echo wanted to do a story about us after Leela's school sent in a press release about some money they'd raised for NICU, and they wanted some pictures of us all. We made sure the kids were well fed before the photographer arrived, and they were very well behaved, even giving a few smiles at the right time.

I can't believe how quickly this week has gone; only ten more days off and I'll be back at work. Leela's going to have her hands full, that's for sure. She copes unbelievably well though, dealing with us three hungry whingeing babies all day. She's a real natural mother; the way she calms down both Willow and Stanley when they're both screaming at the same time is amazing.

Going by the noises coming from the moses basket in the corner, someone's a hungry boy again. Time for some more dinner....

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I am one of the people who regularly reads your blog - in fact it has been saved in my favourites since Gareth, my fiance, showed me the twins on Facebook! Gareth went to school with Anthony I think. I hope you don't mind me commenting - I have almost done so so many times. I have laughed with, cried for, been proud of and admired 4 people I have never met and this is due to the amazing strength of Willow and Stanley and their Mummy and Daddy. I was found by Gareth at the computer sobbing the other night and he said, "Guess you've just found out they're home!". To be touched by complete strangers says something about them. Thank you for sharing such a personal and emotional time with me and I sincerely wish your family all the best of luck over the coming years. Being a parent is the most amazing thing in the world and now you can start enjoying as well as worrying (that bit never goes away I don't think!!).
    Helen Peacock

    ReplyDelete