Saturday 4 December 2010

Friday 3rd December

Today's morning call reported that Willow had another incident in the early hours of this morning. She needed resuscitating again with the dreaded 'bag'. There doesn't seem to be any real explanation for her doing this other than her still being premature. Of course, we are used to a lot worse than one incident per night - just a few weeks ago she was needing that treatment as much as hourly. That doesn't make it any easier now though - if anything it's worse, as it seems to be the main thing which is holding her back.
While I was at work I got a call from the kids via Leela, and she told me that not only had Willow had another bagging incident, but Stanley had one as well! After a few days of moving forward, something always happens that punches you in the head to remind you what is actually happening to your family.

I learnt something new today on the way to the hospital. Bournemouth station apparently has a 'Platform 4', which I'd never noticed before - probably because it's about six miles towards the Westcountry. There wasn't much point in even getting on the train, because by the time I reached this mythical 4th platform, I'd already walked to Poole.

Anyway, when I finally got to the hospital, the babies were nice and stable, and looking more adorable than ever. Also, they got weighed again and have put on a good amount of chubbiness - Willow is now 3lbs 15oz, and Stanley is 4lbs 7oz. So, our son and daughter definitely helped me get over my railway concerns. And the delicious Godfather kebab on the way home definitely helped us get over our hunger concerns.

No comments:

Post a Comment