Monday 11 October 2010

Monday 11th October

I’m really feeling a lot of love for these babies now. Got a real wave of emotion while looking at Willow when she looked at me with her big eyes. And Stanley was holding my hand so tightly; I felt proud to be his dad. Stanley was better today and really trying hard to breathe on his own. Looks like they will try and wean him off first before giving him any steroids.


But, Willow was not strong enough, so the steroids will start tonight for her. Let's hope they work.

Dinner was a chicken doner burger and massive chips from Noor. Not very healthy, but very, very tasty.

At the moment we’re a bit worried about the phenomenon of what's known as ‘preemie head’ or ‘toaster head’ where premature babies’ heads get moulded into slightly abnormal shapes. This is due to still having soft bones in the head, and then being laid down rather than floating about in the womb. I’m pretty sure though, that they will sort themselves out. I think we've got enough to worry about anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment